It is a great idea to offer meditation classes to employees as we are aware that stress at work could be very harmful for both physical and mental health. Tranquuille offers group sessions in offices which can be of 45 or 60 minutes duration.
An ordinary person may consider meditation as a worship or prayer. But it is not so. Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. "Watching your breath" is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.
Meditation is not a technique but a way of life. Meditation means 'a cessation of the thought process’. It describes a state of consciousness,when the mind is free of scattered thoughts and various patterns . The observer (one who is doing meditation) realizes that all the activity of the mind is reduced to one. The word meditation, is derived from two Latin words :meditari(to think, to dwell upon, to exercise the mind) and mederi (to heal). Its Sanskrit derivation 'medha' means wisdom.
Many years ago meditation was considered something just not meant for modern people, but now it has become very popular with all types of people
Meditation has tremendous benefits:
• Lowers high blood pressure
• Reducing anxiety attacks
• Decreases stress and any stress-related pain
• Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
• Improves the immune system
• Increases creativity
• Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
• Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful